Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CATCHING UP WITH DA'MONIQUE DAVIS! (WPRO #11) - 1/18/2012


The holidays are always a special time for me. I feel it’s a great way to spend more time with family as well as relax from any stressors. I took a break from racquetball and somewhat from work over the holidays to be with family and friends. I feel it re-fueled and re-charged me for the New Year and new goals. My diet however wasn't the greatest.. But hey, it's the holidays.. What do you expect!? :-)

 The second half of the season is looking great! There are 6 stops left for me, I’m feeling healthy and eager to get on the court to learn new things and get better. I feel with each stop, I learn something new. So I fully plan on using every stop to learn as well as develop my game to a higher level.

It's tough to work and play racquetball. As a nurse, I'm fortunate to only working 3 days a week.. However those 12-15 hour shifts are very stressful and my days are especially tough when I wake up 2 hours before to get a workout in, but I've made it work the past year as long as I get enough sleep, eat right, and balance my days and nights I can accomplish doing both.
Goals for the next half of the year are to improve my speed and footwork, improve my mental game and to play hard at every stop. I'd like to make a semi-final this year (something I’ve never done). So I know I need to kick my game and training up a notch to do so. These female athletes are the best in the world and know how to ball! All I want to do is be able to give them a great match to remember.

Sarah Warhaftig - WPRO Media Director

No comments:

Post a Comment